For operators conducting Aerial Work, it is essential that they have the right insurance in place before they commence operations. Together with Insurers we are able to offer the first insurance cover for Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) or Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) in South Africa. With our clients input we have created the solution to not only cover your aircraft and equipment whilst on the ground but also whilst in flight. As the leading Broker we will give peace of mind whilst the aircraft is being used for commercial use. The policies have been carefully aligned with the appropriate SACAA Regulations, giving peace of mind for both pilot and aircraft operator.
We provide coverage for accidental loss or damage to UAS’ and third party legal liability caused by a UAS or any object falling therefrom whilst by air or on the ground.
In addition to the airframe coverage is also provided for the power plants, propellers, rotors, launch equipment, control box and ancillary equipment which can be attached to the UAS such as cameras, any survey equipment or equipment used in your profession.
Disappearance if the UAS is unreported for 60 days is covered, as is cover whilst the UAS in transit.
UAS’ up to a maximum weight of 20kg including the ancillary equipment are covered.
• Professional Aerial Surveying
• Hull and payload values and weights.
• Expected number of hours to be flown.
• Comply with the CAA rules and regulation
• The operator/pilots has to have a valid RPL and ROC licence
• The operators/pilots experience in flying hours in total and on the UAV model in question.
• A copy of the contract between the UAS operator & any company that they are working for.
• Whether operations are in rural or urban areas.